Friday, August 14, 2015

Our Annoucement!


We are ADOPTING!

 

Chris and I are thrilled to announce that we have started the process of adoption! We are incredibly excited and filled with joy about this new direction God is leading our family towards. We decided to start this blog so that we could bring our family and friends along with us on this journey!

Let us start by filling you in on how we came to this decision. The end of 2010 Chris and I started trying to get pregnant. After a year of trying to conceive, we decided to go to our doctor to see if there was something wrong. We were diagnosed with infertility in 2012. Along with that I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and have endometriosis. This was an extremely difficult time for us, and I took it especially hard. I honestly felt like all of my dreams came crashing down around me. The sadness and devastation I felt were indescribable. I felt hopeless, alone and abandoned by God. The one thing I’ve always desired to be is a mom and I’ve always felt like my calling was to be a mommy because growing up I always helped with my younger brothers and sister. After being diagnosed with infertility, I felt cheated by God and felt lots of anger, confusion and a great sense of loss for the biological children I have always hoped to have. Pregnancy announcements, pictures of babies, and even people just bringing up anything related to children in a conversation was enough to send me into a fit of tears or worse. I’m so thankful for my close friends and family who prayed for me and hugged me when there weren’t the right words to comfort me.

After going through IVF (in-vitro fertilization), a few unsuccessful IUI (intrauterine insemination) treatments, and a miscarriage; we felt like it was the right time for us to pursue adoption. As soon as we made the decision to seriously look into adoption, I felt an OVERWHELMING sense of peace; joy and purpose come back into my life. This helped confirm in my heart that God was directing our steps towards adoption. Through the very early stages of our adoption process, I felt God start to mend the hole in my heart and giving me a refreshed hope and a new dream for our family. We received so much encouragement from close friends and family when we told them about pursing adoption. We filled out an application with an adoption agency and started our journey with adoption.

Adoption will allow us to follow our desire to start our family and we are so thankful we have this option! I know many people won’t understand our decision to adopt but we feel that this is best choice to become parents. Basically, we believe that any child we adopt will be just as much “our own” as any biological child we could have. We don’t see adoption as a second choice; we see adoption as a beautiful way for God to provide a family for us. We believe that God is opening new doors and wants us to take a different direction. We would love for those of you following along with our journey to parenthood to pray for an expecting birth mother's decision to choose us, every child in need of adoption, revelation about what is wrong in our bodies, doctors who are wise and willing to help us treat our infertility and for complete healing and the ability to conceive and birth biological children. Regardless of what may happen in the future with our infertility diagnosis, we know that God is calling us to start our family now through adoption and we are responding in faith!

 

Where we are in the process now:

We are still in the beginning stages of adoption. The biggest thing we are working on right now is completing our home study. A home study is conducted by a licensed social worker. The purpose of the home study is to educate, evaluate and prepare us for adoption. The home study consists of home visits, extensive background checks, health evaluations, collecting references, as well as paperwork and interviewing. Once we have completed our home study, we will be approved and one step closer to becoming parents!

We are also working on researching and brainstorming creative ways to fundraise and finance our adoption. We will go into the financial aspects of adoption in another post!




 



How you can pray for us:

Pray that our home study process will continue to go smoothly and that we will be approved quickly and without any complications.

Pray for us as we face questions surrounding our infertility diagnosis and adoption journey. Pray for God to give us the grace and wisdom to answer all questions (even the invasive, rude or insensitive ones) with truth, love and kindness. We want our journey to help educate others on adoption and also to allow others to understand more about God’s amazing love.

Please pray for all of the details of our adoption to fall into place-from the legal aspects, to fundraising, our hopes and dreams as a family come true.

Thank you for joining our adoption adventure! We are so thankful to have the support of our family and friends! Stay tuned for more posts and information on how you can be involved in bringing Baby Morris home!

You can also follow us on Instagram @ teambabymorris

We are open to all questions that you may have! I will post another blog with all questions asked with answers soon!


 

 

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! There's no words to describe how happy I am for you in my brother-in-law. Everything happens for a reason and I'm so happy your family will be complete and you all will be whole again :) I support you guys so much and I love being an aunt! It's the best feeling in the world! I love you guys !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are from the Brazil area and have adopted domestically and internationally. We had a Jonah fish fry to help raise funds for our adoption. That may be something to look into

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting!! Can you please contact me with more information and the fish dry!?! Text or call 812-605-2130 or email me at morrisadoption@outlook.com thank you so much!

      Delete